Friday, November 30, 2012

Ragged Angel - Little Matchbox Girl

Hi There!
I was saving this image to make a card for my sister.  When we were young our Mom would read us a story about the little matchbox girl - we so loved that story.  And this image by Mo Manning reminds me of the drawings that were in the book.  Now the book was published in England so I have no idea whatever happened to it but I still have the wonderful memories of that Christmas story read by our Mom!  Who knows maybe the book is tucked away somewhere in this house - if I found it - I would read it to my grandchildren.  I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:
DP2 Challenge #163 - Favorite Color Combo - Pink and Blue is one of my favorites - I have so many:)
Crafts and Me Challenge #112 - Ribbon or Trim - My little piece of Boa and Silver tinsel
Wild Orchid Challenge #64 - A Child's Christmas - This is my childhood Christmas Image ;)

Side view
Close up
Card Recipe
Image by Mo Manning called Ragged Angel colored with Copic Markers blues and pinks
Lots of stardust and liquid pearls
Rhinestones from Recollections
Snowflake punch from MS
Corner embellishments from Wild Orchard Crafts and so are the roses and rose buds
Boa with silver tinsel from my stash and so is all the paper I used.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Carole, I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and thank you for the sweet comment. Perused this wonderful blog of yours with such gorgeous cards throughout. Love this card, your coloring is awesome. You can never have too much bling for me......LOL "Hugs"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! I love the soft colors you chose & your coloring is beautiful. And you can't have too much bling for me either! It's perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, I love this card! The coloring is beautiful. You did an absolutely amazing job on this. Makes me want to color this image again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet, CarolAnn! Love the colors and all the shiny extras! So glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so stunning carolann.your colours and design are really beautiful and i love the pretty image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Caroleann...I know what you mean! I have so many favorite color combos too...it just depends on how I'm feeling on any particular day!! I really love pink and blue too! And these are kind of "dusty" shades of pink and blue...gorgeous!! I'm so glad you've joined us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely CaroleAnn. :-) I like the story behind your choice. Those childhood memories are so precious. So glad you could play along with the challenge at Mo's. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a gorgeous card. I love the image and the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! Have a wonderful creative Day!