Monday, May 13, 2013

MAY BIRTHDAY

Hi, There!
I finally got around to making my "May" card and it is for a friend in work.  She loves shabby chic and the pastel colors of lilac so this was what I came up with for her!  Hope she likes it.  Have a great week and see you next time around.  Hugs ~ CaroleAnn

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Deep Ocean Challenge #51 - Sparkle
Live & Love Crafts #11  50 Shades of - Lilac
Wild Orchid Challenge #76  Add 3 different flowers

Card Recipe
Image is from Make It Crafty/Ashlyn - love their eyes - so much fun to color and I used my Copic Markers in "shades of Lilac" and around her image I used some liquid pearls.
I applied some stardust for sparkle on the metal corners and applied a rhinestone heart to the bark heart.  A doily on the side and a piece of cheesecloth behind the image with some DP and a birdcage charm added to the shabby lilac ribbon.
Flowers are a rose, two star flowers and a bunch of berry flower sprays in white and lilac

Digital Image from Make It Crafty "Ashlyn"
Papers used are from Graphic 45 A Place in Time on the outside which I applied some shabby white embossing enamel in the corners and I cutout a postcard from same DP.  Inside is Graphic 45 A Secret Garden that I shaded with chalk. I used a MS butterfly punch for inside card and Fran-tage embossing power on the butterfly along with a flourish of pearls.  The metal corners, shabby ribbon, berry flower sprays, birdcage charm and mini bark heart all from Live & Love Crafts Store.  Lilac Rose from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The sentiment on the MS punch out is from Lily of the Valley which has been chalked.
Card Side View:
Card Inside View
Card Closeup:




8 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a STUNNER! Your friend will be thrilled with it! you did an amazing job on both the coloring and the layout. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely papers to compliment that pretty MIC image CaroleAnn. A bit of shabby chic beauty. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow so stunning caroleann.your design and colours are beautiful and I love your pretty image and details :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card!
    I like very much this stamp and your colouring is amazing.
    Thank you to share it with us on Deep Ocean Challenge.
    Come back soon on our blog.
    xoxoxo Eulalia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, thank you for joining the LLC challenge this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous sweetie, thank you for joining us at WOC this time hugs Pops x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work CarolAnn. I adore the eyes too and your coloring is awesome. You always do brilliant work my friend. I love to visit! Carole xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! Have a wonderful creative Day!