Thursday, April 20, 2017

LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL WITH FLOWERS IN IT!

Hi, There!

I just happened to be working on this mixed media background piece and once I saw these challenges new where I was going with this background!!!  Sometimes I just sit and stare at a background and wonder where it is going.  Well, I made this one fit all of the following themes.  Three for challenges over at Simon Says Stamps; a challenge over at Altenew for April and a challenge at Mixed Media World for April!!

How's that for one creation for five challenges!!  Don't you love when all your time and effort works out that way.  Only - I placed my sentiment too close to my leaf at the last touch, but oh, well, I decided too much work went into the rest of the project to just toss it!

Hope you like it - flowers always make me smile.  Smiles to you and till next time, hugs and blessings ~ CaroleAnn

Mixed media layout shared at:
Altenew April 2017 Inspiration Challenge
Mixed Media World #24 - ATG with twist - watercolor (my flowers and leaves)
Simon Says Monday Challenge - Splash It On
Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday - Month of April
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Showers and/or Flowers

Mixed Media:
Background covered with heavy gesso and then sprayed with Lindy's flat fabio - Mango Mania, Luminous Lemon, Starburst - Sea Mint Green and Glory of the Seas Gold

Stamped text is from Finnabair and stamped with brown Archival Ink.  Image of hives stamped with same.

Bees stamped in black Archival Ink and also stamped and fussy cut and painted with Copic markers and glued to background.  

Heavy gesso used for honeycomb stencil from  Faber-Castell and the beehive image is stamped over it.  

Bees and honeycomb from Flourishes/Be My Honey - Artist Marcella Hawley.  

Daises, leaves and sentiment from Altenew/Spring Daisy Set.  I used watercolors to paint the flowers and leaves and Spectrum Noir pencils to shade them.

Wink of Stella in centers, white gel pen for hi-lites; liquid pearls and sequins and stardust for glitter on the wings of the bees.

4 comments:

  1. When I look on this creation I imagine a warm day of May, flowers and butterflies around me))) Carole Ann, great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, thank you! Yes I am still hoping for warmer weather. I am all bundled up in warm sweat pants and sweatshirts as it is cold and damp here today. So yes, the artwork provides the warmer weather for us!! xxoo

      Delete
  2. CarolAnn, what a lovely mixed media page! I like how you had a background started then got inspired by the challenges. Your bold blooms look awesome! Thanks for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is absolutely fabulous CaroleAnnlove all the texture and stamps and love the brilliant Bees
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! Have a wonderful creative Day!