Tuesday, July 18, 2017

PLEASANT WORDS ARE LIKE........

Hi, There!

Just finished this art journal page and wanted to post it.  Lots if mixed media going on here.
The stamp set is old from Flourishes called Sunflowers which were colored with Copic markers and fussy cut.  

Journal pages - first I covered them with thick white gesso, and then I used my fingers and a babywipe to paint the  background with Dylusion paints.  These paints in a jar are so creamy!!!

Took a Faber-Castell paper stencil of honeycombs and used Distress Ink to dab that on the pages. Continued by hi-lighting that with some Radient Pearls - Sour Lemon and used a Pitt pen - brown to outline the honeycombs.

Added Stardust on center of flowers and some on the bee wings; added text from the set stamped here and there.  I did free hand (first attempt at that) the Proverb - not too crazy about that but it is "my" journal!  LOL

Spatters here and there from Dylusions - white and black, and Lindy's Stamp Gang - Gold shimmer.  I drew a frame around both pages and colored it in with Pitt pen orange.  

Well, thats it for today - thanks for stopping by, hope you hear nothing but pleasant words all day long!!!  Hugs and blessings ~ CaroleAnn


7 comments:

  1. Oh, how gorgeous! Love your background and those flowers just pop with that wonderful sentiment! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherri - you know what they say about oldies but goodies and that is what that sunflower stamp set is to me;)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous journal pages great mixed media layering,love the proverb and your handwriting looks fine to me-beautiful sunflowers and of course the little Bees
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! This is another art form that I need to learn how to loosen up about. The way you did the honeycomb really looks great. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! Have a wonderful creative Day!