Thursday, March 9, 2017

ALL ABOUT THE BACKGROUND

Hi, There!

Well, today I finished a mixed media art journal page and it is all about the background.  Of course, I just had to add a butterfly or two or three and some word stickers!  I had so much fun doing this background with no idea where it was heading.  The best part of mixed media art and just going with the flow - you never know what you will end up with!  I thought this was going to be a disaster as it was coming out too dark but by the time I finished - I liked it, a lot!!

So thank you for visiting, complete details on making this is below, till next time, I hope you get to create something with "free abandonment" - just go with the flow:)  Hugs and blessings ~ CaroleAnn


Close Up:
Close Up bottom:
Art Journal Page Recipe:
Page was covered with torn pieces from a scrapbook page.  Gesso applied on top and once dry shaded the areas with Cray-Pas oil pastels.  Added the circles using random tops from jars that were dipped into black Heavy Body acrylic paint by Dina Wakley/Ranger product.  Then I used circle rubber stamp from PaperArtsy with Archival Black ink around all the original circles.  Gelatos used to color inside the circles - Snow Cone/Watermelon/Banana/Blood Orange.  

Stamped text here and there with Archival back ink.  Removed some of the Gelatos with a baby wipe with a stencil from crafters workshop.  Added texture paste using another stencil from Tim Holtz product line.  Used charcoal pencil for additional shading around the circles and some white acrylic paint for hi-lights here and there.

Added the butterfly prints that I received from Marta at #Maremi's Cafe.  The text stickers are from 7 Dots Studio and I think the Moth at the bottom is secretly smiling. Shaded around the stickers with charcoal pencil.  A bit of stardust here and there on the circles.  Done! :)

7 comments:

  1. Your journal page jumped right out at me when I looked at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. The background is wonderful with great dimension and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the dimension in your background along with those butterflies! You're doing such an awesome job with your AJ pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous. I love the combination of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are becoming a master at these! WOW! I love this...so much color & texture & detail combined perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so cool. Love the circles and the great texture. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is such a beautiful creation! I love the way you combined the circles with the butterflies! And that dot-grid texture in the background is incredible. I love everything about this piece and am so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW stunning journal page,beautiful butterflies but fabulous background love all the texture and colours
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! Have a wonderful creative Day!