Thursday, March 2, 2017

SUNFLOWERS & BUTTERFLIES

Hi, There!

I love sunflowers - such a happy flower just like Gerber Daisies!!!  So I added my fave flowers with the butterflies (that I love) and I have a very happy art journal mixed media page!!  Hope you like it as I had a lot of fun creating this page.  Till next time, hugs and blessings ~ CaroleAnn

Sharing this art journal page at:

Mixed Media World Challenge #22  - Anything Goes
Southern Girls Challenge #154 - Nature Inspired with Team Lou
Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #332 - Things with Wings

Close Up:
Art Journal Page Recipe:
Background was done with Dylusions Inks (teal/lemon/orange) added to a gelli plate and applied to both pages. Used a stencil with more color directly to gelli plate and applied another coat to pages.  Used text stamp in background and the sentiment is from Flourishes.  Then I stamped and die cut the sunflowers, vase, and butterflies - all from Stampendous Stamps and Die Cuts.  Colored with distress inks.  Once they were fussy cut, I added them to the pages with gel medium so I could shade with Pitt India ink brush pens.  White gel pen for hi-lights, stardust, and liquid pearl.  I drew the border with Heavy Gesso Black and heavy gesso white.  Gloss for dew drops.  

8 comments:

  1. So very pretty. I love the black and white border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carole Ann, the idea with a white and black frame is great! I love sunflowers too! Wonderful pages with summer mood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloring and absolutely stunning card !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeps!! Fantastic page. Love all the details like the border. Have you been watching Vicki P's videos? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole Ann, this is a gorgeous spread! I love the moody earthy colors and great coloring on the images. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely! The colors work well together and I really like the sunflowers and butterflies. So glad you shared your creation at Tuesday Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous journal page,beautifully coloured sunflowers and butterflies -a really bright Summery page
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing!! gorgeous colours and techniques. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a comment! I love reading them! Have a wonderful creative Day!